Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Class notes for 2-28-2011

Today the professor talked about chain of command. Making sure we have exhausted all resources at a give level before moving up a level.

We also talked about the concept of confessional debugging. I like this new phase. I have done this so many times in my life, but never had a name to put on it.

Rational for the decisions we make in our project should be able to withstand the Define, Defend and Attack scenarios to make them good rational.

We need to start thinking about our self evaluation for our midterm grade.
   - Be objective
   - Summarize your activities
   - Think about the quality of your work
   - Consider a matrix of success - quantitative evaluation
   - What is your next step and how do I improve
   - Probably die the day before spring break

I spent time this evening updating the HAP1 protocol page on the wiki with some UML diagrams of how communications between the HW and WP should flow. I am also getting a new laptop up and running for use on this project. It is truly unbelievable how many updates it takes to upgrade an XP SP1 computer to a current system. Its kind of like how many licks does it get to the center of a tootsie pop...the world may never know! Oh wait, I need to restart it again........

2 comments:

  1. Hi Allen,

    I think you have a typo in the last bullet point for self evaluations. Hopefully "die" is supposed to be "due". Although sometimes "die" does feel more accurate. : )

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm like you, I'm not sure it is a typo yet. See blog on SST.

    ReplyDelete